    with part number 08K9607 on ebay, and like to know whether it will
    work in a T42p. The auction site states compatibility up to T30.

    Thanks, t.

    Tobias Roth, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Tobias Roth

    JHEM Guest

    No. You need devices specified to fit the 9.5mm "Ultrabay Slim" of the T4X
    machine, not the 12.5mm "Ultrabay 2000" of the earlier T series.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Tobias Roth

    Tobias Roth Guest

    To answer my own question:
    T40 or higher have Ultrabay Slim ports, T30 have Ultrabay 2000 or
    Ultrabay plus.

    Ultrabay Slim drives work in Ultrabay 2000 ports with an adapter.
    Ultrabay 2000 drives will probably not work in Ultrabay Slim ports
    (I am not 100% sure on the latter statement, but it seems logical due
    to the different, smaller form factor).

    So I guess I am out of luck, or will have to use the drive with the USB
    cable.

    Tobias Roth, Mar 4, 2005