Ibm Xseries 226 and DDS4 Tape

Discussion in 'IBM' started by A.Motta, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. A.Motta

    A.Motta Guest

    Hallo,

    i can't undersand if i can connect on SCSI controller 1 a DDS4 Archive
    Python.

    X226 has two scsi channel: the first one has nothing connected and the
    second is used by raid controller.

    I succesfully connected my tape device to channel 1 and seems to works fine
    but Ibm says that i have to purchase another controller (part number
    39R8791) or my server will be out of warranty.

    Anyone know if it's a commercial problem or if there is a real technical
    problem?

    Thank you very much

    A.Motta
    Italy