IBook G3 Power problem

Discussion in 'Apple' started by BubbleHead, May 4, 2007.

  1. BubbleHead

    BubbleHead Guest

    Anyone willing to help with a power problem.
    I'm trying to get a used IBook G3 to powerup (got such a deal LOL)
    I've checked the power suppy w/a meter it reads 24VDC
    The power cord lights up when I plug it into the laptop, no other
    signs of life.
    I've pressed the reset button (above the headphone jack) with power
    cord disconnected
    Also lifted the keyboard to look for any obvious damage.
    Also removed the battery and tried reset and powerup

    Any options besides opening it up?
    Any advice about taking it apart.........no taking for service is not
    an option

    Thanks in advance for the help

    BubbleHead

    BubbleHead, May 4, 2007