    need the airflow and would like to pull the NetGear board out if I can get
    the Intel Onboard to work???????? Pls Help.

    Robert Van Vugt

    Robert Van Vugt, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Robert Van Vugt

    Stephen Guest

    Did you go into the router and set it up to allow the proper ms messenger
    ports for the pc's current ip address? Changing the nic changes the MAC
    address and that can change your local ip address.

    Stephen

    Stephen, Jul 18, 2004

  3. OK - Maybe a little more info - My IP address is STATIC not Dynamic and/or
    changing it stays the same set to static and it has worked correctly from
    the other computer on the wireless network since day one and continues to
    work fine now - this is going thru same modem and same router. Also if it
    were a port or IP address then it stands to reason that it would not work at
    all from this IC7-G machine but it does in only one direction. I can hear
    and see others but they can not hear or see me. Additionally if you read
    the info at the following link it explains this very trouble and blame it on
    the Intel drivers ??????? Another fine mess we have here!
    http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_834481.aspx Pls read the data provided at
    this link and reply with your thoughts.

    Thank You

    Robert

    Robert Van Vugt, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Robert Van Vugt

    TomG Guest

    I ended up disabling my onboard Intel Pro/1000 controller due to packet
    errors with the newest driver and on cabling and other hardware that works
    fine with an add-in board. I did not have anything higher than 100 mbit
    full duplex available for the card to communicate with though.

    do you have a way to verify the connection speed and plex besides the LAN
    icon or adapter info in the OS? such as an LED or other indicator on what
    it is connecting with?

    your D-Link devices aren't gigabit rated are they? so they would be talking
    at 100 mbit as well?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Robert Van Vugt

    TomG Guest

    so did you download the new drivers and give them a try?

    TomG, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Yes - I did download and install the latest v8.2 driver - that did not fix
    it but I did notice if you install the LAN utility program on the IC7-G Abit
    install disk it gives you a host of advanced settings for the Intel
    Pro/1000 - wonder if one of those could be the cause???? As for a way of
    testing connect speed - no just online bandwidth tests - speed I do not see
    being the trouble though. As for D-Link they are 802.11G series. It is not
    the router or modem as it works with the add-on Netgear NIC and it works
    fine from the other machine on the wireless network ???? May try some of
    those advanced settings as there is some for packet loss as well!

    Robert

    Robert Van Vugt, Jul 19, 2004
  7. Robert Van Vugt

    TomG Guest

    keep in mind that you are not running the LAN connection at anything higher
    than 100 mbit with those D-Link devices... I troubleshot mine for a while
    but had better things to do with my time and just gave up and installed a
    NIC that I had handy.

    The 3COM Gigabit LAN on my IS7-G works great and no problems/loss... go
    figure.

    TomG, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Problem Solved - TURN OFF/UNCHECK the "Qos" box under connection

    Robert

    Robert Van Vugt, Jul 20, 2004
  9. Robert Van Vugt

    TomG Guest

    interesting! that is a wonderful MS "feature" to begin with! good to
    know...

    TomG, Jul 20, 2004