    at ddr 400. Am I? Is there any way to tell if my pc3200 is running at
    ddr400 with this board. It certainly tells me when im at ddr333.
    Madcat

    Madcat, Dec 31, 2004

  2. How old is your PC3200? Older Corsair memory was programmed with
    PC2700 timings in the SPD chip because, at the time, there wasn't a JEDEC
    standard for PC3200.
    Yes, if you want your memory running at the correct speed.
    Eh? The default value for this property is "By SPD", so if it now says 5:4,
    likelihood is that either you or someone else has set it that way manually.
    You should. If all you did was correctly set the DRAM ratio, you should see
    "DDR400" in the same place you previously saw DDR333.
    You should be, but as it's not like we can take a peek at your POST screen,
    it's not like we can answer this question for you. It's easy enough to tell,
    just look at your POST screen, and, underneath where it says "Dual Channel
    Mode Enabled", it should list the Host/DRAM frequency as 200/200MHz -
    assuming you're running at default clock of course.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Dec 31, 2004

  3. Madcat

    Madcat Guest

    Thanks a TON!! Richard , you were right on the money. I ran CPU-z and
    it shows my stick in slot 3 to be pc2700(labeled pc3200) I swap the
    sticks to verify it was the stick .

    Now i have set my ratio to 1/1 and cas manually to 2 and it all seems
    to be running fine. would you recomend i send it in to get a correct
    one, or is this just the way the stick reads, and the memory is fine to
    run at theses speeds?

    Thanks again for the help. Im glad to get to the bottom of this .
    Madcat

    Madcat, Dec 31, 2004
  4. Cool, thought it might be that.
    No, if it's running stable with the manually tuned speeds that's the only
    important thing, you won't gain by changing it.
    Yeah. Situation was that for a long time there was no "official" PC3200
    specification, and rather than make one up, Corsair simply decided to write
    the PC2700 values into the SPD chips on their 3200 sticks. Doing it this way
    reduces the chance of the motherboard accidentally setting over-aggressive
    timings (causing either instability or no-POSTS), which used to be quite
    common with certain other brands of memory.

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 1, 2005