    Any ideas?

    Thanks for your time
    Larry

    Larry Webb, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Larry Webb

    TomG Guest

    Larry,

    Didn't you post this question already? I responded to a query much like
    yours if it wasn't you... did you see the response?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Larry Webb

    TomG Guest

    my mistake...

    TomG, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Larry Webb

    Larry Webb Guest

    Tom:

    I thought you said you had a solution to my problem? If not, does anyone
    know how I might get my Sound Blaster and SCSI to live together. I just
    can't get it to boot when I install the sound card.

    Larry

    Larry Webb, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Larry Webb

    JimL Guest

    Larry,
    Try moving both cards to different slots until you find a combo that
    works.

    Which version of SB is yours?

    JimL, Jul 26, 2003
  6. Larry Webb

    MJH Guest

    Don't believe you've mentioned your op/sys: and what is model number on
    SBLive circuit board?

    M. 30725. 11:02pm ET

    MJH, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Larry Webb

    Larry Webb Guest

    With the SCSI card in PCI5, I tried the SoundBlaster Live Value (Model
    CT4830) in all the other slots with no luck (no boot). I then moved the
    SCSI card to PCI3 and tried the SB in all slots - again no go. There is
    a jumper on the SB that I can change from 3 to 1. I'm not sure if this
    will change the IRQ. I'm using XP Pro.

    Thanks for your time
    Larry

    Larry Webb, Jul 26, 2003
  8. Larry Webb

    MJH Guest

    There are no IRQ jumpers on CT4830; I just looked and I can't get at my 2906
    but I'm pretty sure there are no IRQ jumpers on that either. The Adaptec
    non-bootable 2906 documentation and website do not address XP support but
    probably because the card was out prior to XP. I had this problem with the
    CT4830 and NIC with Win98. I don't know if you can manually IRQ configure
    in XP, but try to manually configure the 4830 [with the 2906 out of the box]
    then install the 2906 and let it take what it wants if it boots.

    M. 30725. 11:42pm ET

    MJH, Jul 26, 2003
  9. Larry Webb

    JimL Guest

    JimL, Jul 26, 2003
  10. Larry Webb

    TomG Guest

    Larry,

    There is no reason that I can figure, why installing a SB card would prevent
    a boot. are you sure you have a good enough PS to run the show? I have had
    a SCSI card and some form of SB card in my computers ever since the BE6-II I
    had and I have gone from there to an SA6R, a KG7, a BE7, a IC7-G and an
    IS7-G both currently operating with SB cards (Audigy) and an Adaptec 29160
    and an Adaptec 2940UW. No issues. There is nothing inherent in these two
    cards that presents a conflict.

    TomG, Jul 26, 2003