IC7, IC7-G, IC7-G MAX3

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Robert Ericson, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Does anyone know if any of these motherboards are compatible with the
    upcoming prescott cpu?

    Robert Ericson, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Robert Ericson

    John Lewis Guest

    AFAIK, any of these will be compatible with the 478-pin version of
    Prescott. Might need a BIOS update.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Robert Ericson

    h2so4 Guest

    I'm not certain about this but doesn't the Prescott have a different pin
    array to current Intel CPUs? If this is the case then the new CPU will not
    be compatible with any current motherboards.

    h2so4, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Robert Ericson

    David P. Guest

    The pinout will be the same, but there seems to be a new voltage regulation
    requirement for Prescott. As of now, it seems unlikely that current Abit
    motherboards will support Prescott. Grrrr...

    http://www.anandtech.com/#20014

    David P.

    David P., Jul 13, 2003