    SATA drive did appear (once) but disappeared and never reappeared.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks

    Bob, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Bob

    TomG Guest

    are you sure that the drive is not visible in the OS? using XP's drive
    manager utility for example? just because it does not appear on the POST
    screen does not mean that the OS won't see it in this case.

    also, be sure to have flashed to the newest 1.7 bios as there are a lot of
    fixes in the bios for SATA drive detection, particularly with Maxtor drives.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Bob

    TomG Guest

    SORRY!!! The 1.7 bios I mention is not the newest bios -- not even an
    appropriate bios -- for your board! I gotta get used to the MAX3 version of
    the IC7 out there! I didn't catch that until right after I hit send...

    TomG, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Set the SATA mode to RAID. If you intend to boot from the Raptor, enable the
    RAID BIOS and make sure the boot priority options in the Advanced BIOS setup
    sheet are set appropriately.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Bob

    Old Egypt Guest

    Make sure you set IDE Bus Master to <Enabled> in the On Chip Serial ATA
    menu.

    After doing this, I was able to boot from the WDC Raptor that was connected
    to SATA1.

    I personally believe Abit still needs to get the bugs out of this board's
    BIOS.

    Old Egypt, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Bob

    Tom Erickson Guest

    I am having a similar problem, and have downloaded the latest version (13)
    of the BIOS.

    Running IC7-Max3 with IDE Bios set to Auto or Enhanced (tried both)

    Configuration:

    IDE-1 Master Pioneer DVD
    IDE-2 Master IBM 16GB
    IDE-3 Master WDC Raptor 36GB (Boot drive, on Sata-1 configured as IDE 3)

    Sata 3-4 Seagate 120GB configured as Raid 0 using SI Raid.

    The boot priority is set to the WDC drive.

    The system hangs as it starts up Windows XP Home with SP 1.

    If I take the IBM drive out and leave BIOS on Auto, it switches WDC drive to
    IDE 2 Master and everything is OK. I can add the IBM drive back on IDE 1 as
    the slave, and it boots OK as well. I want to run the IBM on its own IDE
    drive as I plan to add a 52X CD reader to IDE 1.

    Any ideas?

    Tom Erickson

    Tom Erickson, Nov 16, 2003