    hot-plugging? If I have a PATA HDD rack, and I connect it through
    Serillel 2, can I then safely remove the disk inside while my computer
    is still on?

    Boris Cikota, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Yes you're missing something, and no this isn't possible. The W83782D system
    monitor chip can only monitor three fan speed inputs. This is mentioned in
    the manual BTW. ;)
    ....When used with the SIL3112 controller, yes. These functions are not
    properly supported if you use the Serillel to connect to the Intel SATA
    controller.
    It means what it says on the tin. :)
    As long as you connect it to the SI controller, and use an OS which supports
    Hot Plug, yes.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Boris Cikota

    Boris Cikota Guest

    Tnx for clearing that up for me. :) It's a shame that now I can't
    monitor my PSU temps & fans. I browsed the manual, but in my
    excitement I must have missed this section. :)

    Can you help me with one more thing, my CPU temp seems a bit high,
    hovering around 60°C while under full load with Intel stock sink. I I
    read somewhere that this is usual for ABIT boards, since they use some
    kind of formula for calculating CPU temperature, and they usually show
    a little bit higher temps. Is this true, or do I simply need a better
    cooler?

    Boris Cikota, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Boris Cikota

    TomG Guest

    even if the Abit reading was not high, your temperature is not out of line
    for a full load on a P4, especially with a stock heat sink.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com