IC7-Max3 Gigabit Lan Problem

Discussion in 'Abit' started by DV81, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. DV81

    DV81 Guest

    OK, so here's the deal

    IC7-max mobo
    2 sata drives on sata 1 and 2 striped
    1 IDE drive and a cd-rw on IDE 1
    Running XP Pro
    Booting off the sata drive everything works great
    Latest drivers for everything

    Gigabit lan works fine

    Shut down workstation and add a dvd-rw to IDE 2
    Gibabit Lan will not work
    Cannot start device (code 10) in device manager

    Take dvd-rw off IDE 2 and Lan works again

    If I boot up without the DVD-rw on IDE 2 and then plug it in while
    workstation is on (I know this is not a good idea) I can rescan for
    hardware in device manager and both the lan and the dvd-rw will work.

    Reboot and it back to no lan as long as the dvd-rw drive is on ide 2

    Any ideas suggestions, sorry if this is a noob question or has already
    been covered.

    DV81, Jan 14, 2004

  2. DV81

    John Lewis Guest

    And your IC7 Max3 BIOS version is............. ??

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 14, 2004

  3. DV81

    DV81 Guest

    (John Lewis) wrote in @news.verizon.net:
    V 12

    Just notice that and flashed to 13 now it won't boot even after I
    corrected all the settings in the BIOS. Now there is mo setting in the
    bios to disable the sil sata controller and the workstation boots and
    hangs right after that.

    DV81, Jan 14, 2004
  4. DV81

    DV81 Guest

    OK read another post and saw that you sometime have to manually clear the
    BIOS after the flash even when using the flash menu util

    Happy to say the v13 bios update fixed my issue, thanks John for pointing
    me in the right direction

    DV81, Jan 14, 2004
  5. DV81

    TomG Guest

    did you CLEAR the CMOS using the jumper with all power removed?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com