    Twinmos Dual 512*2 3200 at 2.6v
    NOT overclocked!
    Chieftec 420W PSU

    SpeedyGonzales, Nov 17, 2003

  2. SpeedyGonzales

    TomG Guest

    I've not seen that issue with respect to HT and this is also the first time
    I've read about it in a post here in the group. I still think you have a
    problem with respect to the ram on the board and either the voltage, the
    timings for the ram or both. have you tried setting the timings on the
    Advanced Chipset Settings page to manual and then setting the timings
    purposely high to something like 3, 7, 3, 3 and left GAT on Auto?

    get your hands on Memtest and test the system and see if it errors on the
    memory tests with HT enabled and the ram in various bios setting settings.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 118,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Nov 17, 2003

  3. SpeedyGonzales

    John Lewis Guest

    Are ALL MB setting with regard to CPU, FSB and memory set to default
    when you get the problem ?

    --- CPU default-auto
    (Memory by SPD etc.....)
    --Game Accelerator Auto

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 18, 2003
  4. SpeedyGonzales

    TomG Guest

    I have actually seen posts from folks where having the DDR set to By SPD
    caused a problem which is why I recommend sometimes, setting things manually
    and choosing the slowest memory timings as a test.

    TomG, Nov 18, 2003
  5. YES!!

    All is at default setting.... all but the disk boot order!!

    Speedy

    SpeedyGonzales, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Memetest....like the "DOS" boot disk memtest?? would it have the ability to
    test HyperThread??

    Speedy

    SpeedyGonzales, Nov 18, 2003
  7. SpeedyGonzales

    Ola Flaagan Guest

    Not realy, but I have the exact same setup as you have. I get some artifacts
    in windows sometimes but I can't remember any reboots (I think it's a
    problem with the graphics card).
    What OS are you running?

    Setup:
    Abit IC7-Max3
    P4 2.6GHz 800
    2 x TwinMos DDR PC3200 (not winbond)
    Ati Radeon 9800Pro

    Ola Flaagan

    Ola Flaagan, Nov 18, 2003
  8. SpeedyGonzales

    TomG Guest

    no, won't test HT but certainly will test RAM and that is where a lot of us
    feel the issue lies.

    TomG, Nov 18, 2003
  9. SpeedyGonzales

    John Lewis Guest

    Just sitting in Windows desktop ? Or what ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 18, 2003
  10. Win XP Proff.

    Just at desktop .....baaaammm reboot.
    No errormsg...nuttin...
    Just black screen and reboot.
    Somethimes it comes while watching movie or other intensive load operation,
    so not a spesific pattern.

    Graphic is 3D Blaster FX 5600 256mb ram

    Speedy

    SpeedyGonzales, Nov 18, 2003
  11. SpeedyGonzales

    John Lewis Guest

    I assume that you have a P4 2.6c (800MHz) and not just
    a non-HT P4 2.6 (400MHz) ? ( Sorry, I had to ask this really,
    really, stupid question, but you only wrote P4 2.6 in your
    header and text...)

    Use Hardware Doctor or Motherboard Monitor to check
    CPU, NB etc.temps while in Desktop with HT on.

    If OK, you need to download Memtest or similar and
    fully exercise the memory. This is the prime suspect.
    If you see ANY errors at all, raise the memory voltage.
    Do not exceed 2.8 volts.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Yes...it's the PC800 P4 2.6 :)

    And yes...have run memtester all night.....Tested ram for 7 hours....16
    times with no errors!!
    Have tested up to 2.8v, and my only experience is that is has become more
    unstable!!

    Speedy

    SpeedyGonzales, Nov 19, 2003
  13. SpeedyGonzales

    TomG Guest

    well, if your DDR tested with Memtest and found no errors, then you have
    given me enough to say that I agree that it is not ram problems. something
    else is going on if you can pass a bunch of memtest...

    TomG, Nov 19, 2003
  14. SpeedyGonzales

    John Lewis Guest

    AFAIK, you never reported your temperatures............presumably well
    within reasonable limits ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 20, 2003
  15. SpeedyGonzales

    TomG Guest

    you're probably posting to SpeedyGonzalas but just for reference, mine are
    around 45-48 at idle and 59 to 61 under heavy load.

    TomG, Nov 20, 2003
  16. Temps are as follows:

    Cabinet: 27C
    CPU idle: 45C load: 60C