    file storage.

    Thanks in advance!

    Mo

    Just A Geek, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Just A Geek

    TomG Guest

    Yes, you can disable the SI controller as it is a totally independant
    controller. there will be no effect on the Intel SATA controller. if the
    settings are working currently with it on Auto, then don't sweat it. I
    personally set it to enhanced just so I know what the setup will be with the
    onboard IDE controllers being IDE 1 & 2 and the Intel SATA controller being
    IDE 3 & 4 in Raid mode. I am not aware of a critical need to have it set to
    Enhanced.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 118,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Just A Geek

    Just A Geek Guest

    Thanks Tom, that's what I thought too. The manual isn't all that
    clear. I've been running on board RAID for sometime, but SATA RAID is
    new to me.

    Mo

    Just A Geek, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Just A Geek

    TomG Guest

    good luck with it and post back with any questions. my ICH5-R SATA raid 0
    is a real good performer and I'm very happy with it.

    TomG, Nov 15, 2003