    bios settings for a option to shut off the Sil Raid controller but no luck.

    TIA for any Help,

    Reb

    Reb, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Reb

    TomG Guest

    yes, there is a way to disable the SI controller. It is under Integrated
    Peripherals and then Onboard PCI device.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Stole the words outta my mouth! :D

    For the sake of completeness it's possibly worth adding that if you don't
    need to boot from the SI controller, you can keep it enabled in Windows, but
    disable the POST startup screen simply by disabling the SI BIOS but keeping
    the controller itself enabled.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Reb

    Reb Guest

    The problem is that the option for shutting off the SI Raid controller is
    not available in my 1.7 bios as it was in the 1.6?
    Also, how do you disable the bios boot for the SI controller without turning
    it off?

    Reb

    Reb, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Reb

    TomG Guest

    Reb, did you see the response from me about where to find the setting?

    TomG, Oct 21, 2003