    follows: NF7 S2G MB, AMD Sempron 2600 CPU, BFG Tech Sound Card, 2
    sticks of 256 MB Kingston RAM, WinXP, and peripherals as above. Thanks
    for any help!

    AMDCPUser, Jun 13, 2005

  2. AMDCPUser

    JefN Guest

    AMDCPUser wrote:

    | My IDE devices are apparently not being recognized by my MB BIOS (NF7
    | S2G). Primary master is a WD 60GB HDD; secondary master is a Emprex DVD
    | Burner; one FDD connected as well (via FDD slot). Until yesterday, all
    | devices were recognized and working, then, and suddenly, my devices
    | aren't showing up. I've disconneced all but the primary and even
    | switched cables, but still no luck. What's really strange - even with
    | my FDD disconnected, it still shows in the BIOS!! My specs are as
    | follows: NF7 S2G MB, AMD Sempron 2600 CPU, BFG Tech Sound Card, 2
    | sticks of 256 MB Kingston RAM, WinXP, and peripherals as above. Thanks
    | for any help!

    Hi AMDCPUser -

    Have you tried manually clearing your CMOS? To do this remove the power
    from the mains, open the case and move the CCMOS1 jumper from pins 1 and 2
    to pins 2 and 3. Wait a few moments and move CCMOS1 back to pins 1 and 2.

    Be aware that some NF7-S2/S2G motherboards have the CCMOS1 jumper in reverse
    of the diagram in the manual. Pay close attention to the markings on the
    motherboard to ascertain the correct jumpers.

    Once you have the CMOS cleared, power up and press DEL to go into the setup
    screens. Start with Load Optimized Defaults. Then check to see if your
    CPU, RAM and drives are properly detected.

    If you have your WD HDD alone on an IDE channel, remove the jumper from the
    back of the drive (Single Master). The only time you have MA or SL set on a
    WD drive is when it is sharing and IDE channel with another drive.
    Alternatively, with two drives attached to the same IDE channel, Cable
    Select may be jumpered on both.

    Hope this helps and post back your results.

    Jef

    JefN, Jun 13, 2005

  3. AMDCPUser

    - HAL9000 Guest

    I dunno, would a loss of 12 volt power do this? Can you hear the
    drives spin up?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    On 13 Jun 2005 11:43:54 -0700, "AMDCPUser" <>

    < snip >

    - HAL9000, Jun 13, 2005
  4. AMDCPUser

    AMDCPUser Guest

    Jef-

    Everything works now! I cleared the CMOS (for the record, my MB CCMOS1
    jumper is reversed), removed the jumper from my HDD (which was set to
    master), and loaded the BIOS optimized defaults. I did all that in one
    shot, and now my system works great. A symptom of the final "failure"
    was the very slow loading of Win XP, which turned into a machine that
    hung at first, then failed all together. At least, that's what appeared
    to happen. Also, the first time I started up after making the above
    changes, my BIOS gave me a screen showing me everything it recognized,
    and gave me the option to select F1 to continue, or DEL to enter setup
    (I pressed DEL). Anyway, there was also an error message about the BIOS
    settings, and another one letting me know the defaults had been loaded,
    i.e., the BIOS automatically reset to the optimized defaults. Thanks,
    Jef - I'm really glad you posted, and glad this group exits.
    Nic

    AMDCPUser, Jun 14, 2005
  5. AMDCPUser

    JefN Guest

    AMDCPUser wrote:

    | Jef-
    |
    | Everything works now! I cleared the CMOS (for the record, my MB CCMOS1
    | jumper is reversed), removed the jumper from my HDD (which was set to
    | master), and loaded the BIOS optimized defaults. I did all that in one
    | shot, and now my system works great. A symptom of the final "failure"
    | was the very slow loading of Win XP, which turned into a machine that
    | hung at first, then failed all together. At least, that's what appeared
    | to happen. Also, the first time I started up after making the above
    | changes, my BIOS gave me a screen showing me everything it recognized,
    | and gave me the option to select F1 to continue, or DEL to enter setup
    | (I pressed DEL). Anyway, there was also an error message about the BIOS
    | settings, and another one letting me know the defaults had been loaded,
    | i.e., the BIOS automatically reset to the optimized defaults. Thanks,
    | Jef - I'm really glad you posted, and glad this group exits.
    | Nic

    Hi Nic -

    Happy to help. Glad to hear you're now sorted out.

    Jef

    JefN, Jun 14, 2005
  6. AMDCPUser

    0_Qed Guest

    Added ...
    XXXX OOOO

    Qed.

    PS- Random Acts of Kindness are of great joy
    .. to 'those' on slippery slopes.

    0_Qed, Jun 14, 2005