    Thanks.

    John

    Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    John Hollingsworth, Sep 24, 2004

  2. John Hollingsworth

    Pearl Guest

    Il Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:15:00 +0100, John Hollingsworth ha scritto:
    I can't understand the problem. Use your RAID drivers in a non raid
    configuration.

    Pearl, Sep 24, 2004

  3. I don't want to use JBOD, I want to run with a C: and a D:, 2 separate
    SATA drives. Can I do that on a Promise controller, with the BIOS set to
    RAID to enable the Promise RAID 64bit driver to work?

    If I set the Promise RAID controller to "RAID" in BIOS then press "esc" to
    continue booting without creating a RAID array, then X64 setup can't find
    the SATA HDDS. So I still think there needs to be specific IDE Promise
    drivers to operate as I wish.

    At present, I've got 2 x SATA drives on XP Pro and a PATA drive with X64,
    and select with F8 on boot.

    If you have an answer, I'd be pleased as I wanted to install X64 on a
    partition on the C: SATA drive.

    John Hollingsworth, Sep 25, 2004
  4. John Hollingsworth

    SteveL Guest

    Suggest trying the VIA SATA channels also available on the motherboard
    instead of the Promise ports. They work in both Winxp 64 bit and 32.

    SteveL, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Thanks - I've got the Via 64 bit drivers, I'll try them.

    John Hollingsworth, Sep 27, 2004