Idiot needs help with M2N-MX

Discussion in 'Asus' started by guy7545, Dec 2, 2007.

1. guy7545

guy7545

Hi everyone, I have a problem which may or may not be solvable but I thought it'd be worth asking here.
    I am totally new to this so please be as simple as you can in any replies and if need be talk to me like a complete idiot.

I've been given a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 6000+ AM2 blah blah blah processor and wanted to stick it in my setup if possible which on inspection has a M2N-MX motherboard. Now I thought It'd be simple just taking out the old CPU and putting in the new one but alas - it didn't work, instead I just got a message on boot up saying "NO SUPPORT CPU" and then it turned itself off after 15 seconds, after a bit of investigating on ASUS's website I found I could upgrade the BIOS that would solve this problem, I did - and still the same result.

So does anyone know a way around this? Or are they just not going to work together?
    I don't know enough about these things to go any further and was wondering if anyone could help please?

Any help would make me very happy,
    thanks in advance folks,
    Guy.

guy7545, Dec 2, 2007
Ask a Question