    MP3's playing, word processing... just general use. Full load was an hour of
    Prime95 running the CPU at 100%. It maxed out at 60C by about minute 20 and
    the temp never went higher.

    Jack Spungo, Nov 27, 2004

  2. "Jack Spungo" wrote

    Hi,

    those temps sound a little high, but if its all working stable then your OK.
    Are your case temps quite high? because that will be bad for your
    hard-disks. I have a P4 build (2.6Ghz @ 3.0GHz) which is near silent* and
    my load temps are about 62°C (heatsink is very hot to touch) but the machine
    runs flawlessly. The case temps never go above 28°C. I accept these high
    temps because the PC is nearly silent, big 120mm fan running at low speeds
    hanging above the CPU and SLK-947u.

    My other build is a *helicopter* which is another P4 build (2.8Ghz @ 3.5Ghz)
    and that hits about 42°C load and idles around 29°C.

    If your machine is noisy with lots of fans I would think you could get lower
    temps.

    What heatsink you using on your O/C barton then?

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Dec 5, 2004