    there is something weird between his intergrated network card and the
    3com router in NH. Is there some explaination as to why the 3com could
    have some type of issue with his intergrated card?

    itzadreamer, May 4, 2005

  2. itzadreamer

    BillW50 Guest

    Date: 4 May 2005 12:49:48 -0700

    Hello,

    I've been helping someone with his laptop and his home wifi
    connection. He has wireless internet off of a tower on a near
    by mountain.

    Whoa! How far is this tower?

    He has a tranzeo radio and a 3com router (11g). He has a Dell
    latitude d600 laptop. There are no other computers on the
    network. This laptop has an intergrated network card.

    What is the signal strength and link quality?

    He connects fine with his wireless connection back in NY but
    when he's in NH he connects for a short period of time and then
    it stops allowing him to view pages. He then has to go back
    into his wireless connection settings and reconnect.

    It could be a weak signal.

    He uses a Netgear router back in NY. So, I'm thinking that
    maybe there is something weird between his intergrated network
    card and the 3com router in NH. Is there some explaination as
    to why the 3com could have some type of issue with his
    intergrated card?

    3Com shouldn't have any problem with his integrated network card.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP Pavilion AMD 1.2GHZ under Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within WordStar 5.0

    BillW50, May 4, 2005

  3. itzadreamer

    tcrogers Guest

    Hi,

    I've had experience with WIFI Hardware and have found that Netgear is
    not a good brand as it always cuts out. I recommend D-link or Belkin
    but mostly D-link.

    From
    TOMR

    tcrogers, May 7, 2005