IE crashes when used with TV Player - AIW 9800 Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by mb, May 2, 2004.

  1. mb

    mb Guest

    I am using the latest driver patches etc. ASUS P4C800 Dlx, 1 gig ram, 2.8 gh
    P4, XP Pro w/all patches. When using the TV player with IE, IE crashes and
    cant be restarted. The audio remains on and system must be rebooted. I got
    the following from ATI tech but it does not help. Any ideas?

    Thank you for contacting ATI Technical Support Canada.

    Regarding system locks up if TV player and Windows Explorer are being used:

    Please find following, a list of the recommended BIOS settings for AGP VGA
    cards.

    1. Video BIOS Shadow and Video BIOS Cacheable - ENABLED
    2. C8000-CBFFFF Shadow and CC000-CFFFF - ENABLED
    3. AGP Aperture size - min = 64 MB, test at values upto half of your system
    RAM
    4. AGP Turbo - DISABLED
    5. VGA Frame Buffer and Primary Frame Buffer - DISABLED
    6. PnP OS installed - YES
    7. Assign IRQ for VGA - ENABLED
    8. Resource Control - AUTO
    9. AGP Bus Mastering - ENABLED
    10. AGP 4X mode - ENABLED (8X if supported)
    11. VGA Palette Snooping - DISABLED
    12. Video Shadowing - DISABLED
    13. Disable any USWC or Write Combine options in the CMOS
    14. Try forcing the External Cache to use the Write-Through method, not the
    Write-back method
    15. Disable any manual configuration of PCI by setting these options to AUTO
    16. Init Primary Display - AGP
    17. System Bios Cacheable - ENABLED
    18. Video BIOS Mode Cache - UC
    19. AGP Driving Control - AUTO
    20. System Performance - Normal (ASUS A7V)
    21. K7 CLK_CTL Select - DEFAULT (ABIT KA7)
    22. MPS - 1.1 ENABLED (DISABLE 1.4)
    23. AGP Voltage - Test at 1.6V or 1.7V

    mb, May 2, 2004

  2. mb

    JAD Guest

    I.E. = Internet Explorer
    W.E. = Windows Explorer

    Which is it? Why would you be in either when using the TV? Or are you
    saying that "Windows Explorer" error alert pops up during the start of
    the TV? I would look to DirectX or possibly a bios setting as
    mentioned by ATI.

    JAD, May 2, 2004

  3. mb

    mb Guest

    Internet Explorer. I sometimes listen or watch the news while surfing the
    net as provided by the ATI IE plug in. DirectX checks out fine. The
    recomended BIOS setting havent helped so far, I am still trying different
    combinations.

    mb, May 2, 2004