I'm having power up issues on my compaq presario 1500t?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by striker19812008, Jul 2, 2008.

1. striker19812008

striker19812008

I recently unplugged my laptop, which has had no battery for several months, after unplugging and replugging All I get is A green power light, but when the power button is pressed the green light immedeatly disapears and the battery light blinks then nothing. Also It will not do this again unless it is unpugged for around five minutes then it will do the same thing as mentioned, otherwise it just dosn't light up.
    My first clue was that the ac power adapter was plugged in for several days and emmited no heat whatsoever, and on my newer laptop (gateway) even with the laptop tured completly off it still produced some heat (as I thought it was supposed to) Am I way off with this assumption, or is it most likely within the laptop itself?
    PS I know this smell well, but the ac adapter has an "ever so slght" classic burt electronic componate smell. Its deffinatly there but Not so strong that this would deffinatly leed me to belive it was fried? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    Thanks In Advance,
    Nicholas Soileau:confused:

striker19812008, Jul 2, 2008
Ask a Question