    The price should be below $50

    Cheers

    Rune Christensen

    Rune Christensen, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Rune Christensen

    Markus Zingg Guest

    Hello
    Sounds like a perfect case to use one of the Rabbit Modules

    www.rabbitsemiconductor.com

    Their RCM3000 ($43) , RCM2100 ($34) sound like good candidates. For
    both of them are low priced developer kits available which include all
    the libraries, compiler and even the sourcecode.

    If you are firm with creating your own design you of course can also
    go another route, but the Rabbits are IMHO ideal if you are after a
    quick sloution. To do what you want all you need is to create a
    baseplane PCB with a little power supply cirquit, the core module
    connectors on it and you are done.

    HTH

    Markus

    Markus Zingg, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Rabbit is a good solution, but if you neeed more horsepower you can have a
    look at Compulab's modules, ARMCore in particular (around $60 in volumes).
    See www.compulab.co.il

    Cheers,
    Robert

    Robert Lacoste, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Rune Christensen

    Ingo Cyliax Guest

    Check out ZWorld/RabbitSemiconductor's RCM3710. This CPU module
    has 10BASE-T, 4 async serial (CMOS levels), 256K Flash program
    memory, SeriaFlash and sells for $49/ea.

    http://www.zworld.com/products/rcm3700/

    See ya, -ingo

    Ingo Cyliax, Aug 23, 2004