iMedia 5118 front panel wires for new motherboard - please help

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Marty, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Hi all,

    I've been looking everywhere to identify the wires from the front panel to
    connect to the new motherboard.
    They are as follows:
    White (FP But IN) & Black (Ground) - Power button
    Blue (HDR Blink Green) & Green (HDR Blink Yellow) -???
    Yellow (HD PWR) & Brown (HDA) -???

    The case has a power button which was the easy bit to wire up. On the new
    motherboard for the Power button there is PLED and +5v pins, for the HD LED
    there are a + pin and a - pin.

    Please can someone tell me which wires go to which pins for the HD and power
    LEDs?

    Really would appreciate any help on this.

    Marty, Jan 22, 2010

  2. Marty

    Ben Myers Guest

    Seriously, have you used a magnifying glass to spot any teeny tiny white
    lettering on the motherboard? Many of them have clear but small
    markings indicating which wires attach to which leads... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 22, 2010

  3. Marty

    Ben Myers Guest

    Marty,

    Here is a link to a page on the PB web site showing the front panel
    connections for the motherboard:

    http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=instr_cosmos_jumpers&pi=platform_odyssey_ixtreme

    If found it with Google, not by navigating the PB web site, which leaves
    something to be desired in its organization. The motherboard itself was
    made by Gigabyte for PB. It is a special model, GA-8IDMNF, which is
    remarkably similar to the newer GA-8SIML, for which a manual is
    available on the Gigabyte web site. Also, the GA-8IDML seems to be very
    much similar to your board. Again, use Google to find them fast.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 23, 2010
  4. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Many thanks Ben, I must be honest though that I had already seen that page.

    I couldn't really tell what the abbreviations meant but I managed to get it
    sorted in the end as follows:

    FP BUT In (white) -> PWR (ATX Power Switch)
    Ground (black) -> Ground (ATX Power Switch)

    HDR Blink Green (blue) -> PLED (Power LED)
    HDR Blink Yellow (green) -> +5v (Power LED)

    HD PWR (yellow) -> IDE_LED1 (+)
    HDA (brown) -> IDE LED1 (-)

    Many thanks

    Marty, Jan 24, 2010
  5. Marty

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yes, it's all just a little too cryptic. Motherboard manufacturers
    label the pins one way, and chassis makers label the connectors another
    way. Some motherboard manufacturers do not label the pins at all, and,
    of course, there is zero consistency in all this naming... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 24, 2010