import into apple mail 2 from entourage x

Discussion in 'Apple' started by michaelmatzkin, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know of a script for importing entourage x mail and
    contacts into apple mail 2?

    michaelmatzkin, Feb 21, 2006

  2. This one's really easy:

    In Mail, go to the File menu and choose "Import Mailboxes..."

    Pick "Entourage" from the dialog box.

    Click "Continue" and watch the fun!

    Garner Miller, Feb 22, 2006

  3. In this case, Entourage X doesn't have any mailboxes, at least not that
    I can find; everything is contained in one Database file, found in
    MIcrosoft User Data > Office X Identities > Main Identity. When I use
    the Import Mailboxes function, the Database file is grayed-out and
    can't be selected.

    michaelmatzkin, Feb 22, 2006
  4. michaelmatzkin

    matt neuburg Guest

    Drag them from entourage to the Finder, and from there import into Mail?
    m.

    matt neuburg, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Thanks, Mike. I ended up borrowing an Office 2004 CD, importing my
    Entourage X files into Entourage 2004, and then importing from
    Entourage 2004 into Mail.

    michaelmatzkin, Mar 9, 2006