Impressive Capture from AIW-9000 / MMC 9.02

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Guest, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've had several All-in-Wonders over the years - an AIW-128, an
    AIW-8500DV, and most recently an AIW-9000.

    Based on the past poor results with the AIW-8500DV, I didn't even play
    with capturing TV shows with the AIW-9000.

    Over the past couple of weeks, I've recorded several shows with MMC 9.02
    and the AIW-9000, and the results are really impressive. The "DVD"
    quality setting is just awesome, but almost 4GB for a one hour show.
    The "Home Theater" setting records in DIVX format, and is a little less
    than 1GB per hour. I'm extremely happy that ATI finally moved away from
    their .vcr format.

    The TV-out quality is also excellent. I have a cheap 25" Sharp
    television, but the TV-out picture is just about impossible to
    distinquish from the native TV-tuner picture.

    I'm not a gamer, so the 3d performance of the 9000 doesn't bother me.
    I've been lusting after a Hauppauge PVR-250, but thought I would try the
    9000 first. I'm happy I did, as it is working well.

    I haven't tried using the AIW-9000 to pause live TV. That would be the
    next test!

    Your mileage may vary!

    Stan

    system details: AIW-9000, Athlon 2400, Win 2000, MMC 9.02, latest Cat
    drivers

    Guest, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Guest

    ANTant Guest

    The only problem with non-VCR is that I can't record closed captions.
    Also, I think TV-On-Demand requires VCR? I don't remember.
    --
    "I once heard the survivors of a colony of ants that had been partially
    obliterated by a cow's foot seriously debating the intention of the
    | |o o| | E-mail: or
    \ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
    ( )

    ANTant, Oct 12, 2004