Impressive lockups and crashes with AIW 9600 and Beyond TV 3.4, anyone?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by User, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. User

    User Guest

    I got my AIW 9600 delivered last night and installed it this
    afternoon (1/7/2004) - It worked fine once I installed the drivers off
    the install disk and I got good results running the 3DMark2003
    benchmark (I actually wanted just to SEE the program running - I've
    been using a Matrox G450 eTV and couldn't run any DirectX 9 programs.)

    Then I ran the web installer for Snapstream BeyondTV 3.4,
    everything just got screwed up beyond description. It asked if I
    wanted to upgrade to the most recent driver, and I did. Then I
    installed the rest of the programs, rebooting in the middle. After a
    while, I started getting random lockups that I couldn't get out of
    except by pushing the reset button. Eventually it got to the point
    where the desktop would crash when I tried to restart Windows (and
    because of the stupid MS .net framework it installs along with the
    program, I couldn't even hold down CTRL to get into safe mode to
    reinstall from the retail disk and uninstall BeyondTV and its included
    programs. I eventually took it out and put the Matrox card back - I'm
    planning to try the ATI card again with only the retail CD drivers and
    see if the problems repeat themselves.

    The problem seems to be with the software drivers, because the
    BIOS screens and Windows XP startup display OK. Anyone else had major
    problems with BeyondTV on their system?

    User, Jan 8, 2004