    Sorry, what she wrote is correct.

    Do your feet hurt?
    Are you blue yet?

    relic, Aug 21, 2006

  2. optech290

    relic Guest

    I note that you didn't supply anything to prove otherwise. The statement
    quoted is true.

    relic, Aug 21, 2006

  3. optech290

    relic Guest

    In 2000 & 2001, Dell supplied a Recovery CD... just like Rebecca said. It
    was after user complaints they switched to providing the OS CD.

    relic, Aug 21, 2006
  4. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    You're crossposting to the Dell group. Those of us posting from there know
    more than you do. Lots more. More than you'll ever know. Sorry to let you
    know you're stupid, but facts are facts.

    <Plonk>

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006
  5. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    Rebecca, sorry, you're still stupid. The CD you create as documented here
    is an XP CD, NOT a full factory fresh restore CD.

    You're crossposting to the Dell group. Those of us posting from there know
    more than you ever will.

    Still stupid, aren't ya.

    <plonk>

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006
  6. optech290

    relic Guest

    I understand now why Dell users complain about recieving techno-fuckwittery
    from the Dell newsgroups, Ben. The fact that _YOU_ haven't seen a Dell
    restore CD just reveals how limited your "knowledge" really is.

    relic, Aug 21, 2006
  7. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    How do you prove something that was never true. You people don't know Dell
    well enough to understand. Recovery CD in Dell's terms is an OS CD.

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006
  8. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    Yes, a Recovery CD. Also know as an OS CD.

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006
  9. optech290

    chrisv Guest

    Now that you've been shown up, it's expected for you to thread slink and
    start plonking.

    chrisv, Aug 21, 2006
  10. optech290

    DJ Guest

    Ify you have another system you can make the bootable floppies.
    Runnt winnt.exe /makebootdisk from a cmd prompt.

    DJ, Aug 21, 2006
  11. optech290

    chrisv Guest

    It wouldn't do a "Repair" installation, only put it back to the way it was
    when it was shipped. That's not the XP OS CD, that's a Recovery CD.

    chrisv, Aug 21, 2006
  12. optech290

    DJ Guest

    Exactly, it's an OEM cd, doesn't even load the drivers. You still go
    to Dells site to download them. It will only work with the sticker
    attached to box.

    DJ, Aug 21, 2006
  13. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    Then you weren't doing it properly. It's an XP CD.

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006
  14. optech290

    Ben Myers Guest

    Rebecca,

    I go back REALLY far. I mean, REALLY REALLY far.

    I do not care what the cited URL calls the CDs. You stick a Dell XP CD in a
    drive on a Dell, and it behaves EXACTLY like any other Windows installation CD.
    It asks you to press any key to boot from CD, then goes through the identical
    rigamarole of a Windows install. You can partition and format drives, install
    Windows, restore Windows, and get to the Windows recovery console.

    A restore CD, again regardless of the label on the CD, loads a Ghosted (or
    similar) image onto a drive. It is very different technology indeed.

    Come off it... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 21, 2006
  15. optech290

    chrisv Guest

    In the early days of XP (2000~2001) Dell supplied a System Restore, or
    Recovery CD with their systems. All that CD could do was to put the image
    back as it was when it was shipped. It wasn't capable of doing a repair
    installation, or a re-installation of XP like an XP CD could.

    Today, after lots of complaints from users, Dell supplies a true XP CD...
    that one "behaves EXACTLY like any other Windows installation CD" like you
    state; the original one did not.

    chrisv, Aug 21, 2006
  16. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    Tom Scales <>, the employee who follows soldiers to
    encampments and sets up tents to sell sex, wanted to talkee-talkee
    about:

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006
  17. optech290

    relic Guest

    Perhaps today it is (although I believe Dell calls them Re-installation
    CDs). With the initial release of XP, Dell provided a CD that contained a
    Restoration Image that put your PC back to the way it was when it left the
    factory. It was not capable of non-destructive Repair Installations or
    non-destructive Re-installations of the XP OS like the current XP CD
    supplied with Dell PCs.

    relic, Aug 21, 2006
  18. optech290

    Damian Guest

    Sorry, but your "Dell group" isn't unique. Most groups have chest-thumpers
    that spout 'facts' that are limited by their personal knowledge.

    It's called 'techno-babble', or 'techno-fuckwittery'.

    Damian, Aug 21, 2006
  19. optech290

    Bob Levine Guest

    chrisv wrote:

    Those dates prove you don't have a clue. XP was released in the fourth
    quarter of 2001.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 21, 2006
  20. optech290

    Tom Scales Guest

    How hilarious. You don't like my answers (even though they're right), so
    you spoof my email address. How old are you. 12? Maybe 13?

    Made my day

    Tom Scales, Aug 21, 2006