    Irene,

    you should have posted your phone number and skype name :)

    hth

    ANONYMOUS, Aug 21, 2006

  2. optech290

    Irene Guest

    Used the XP CD(the one we had to wait two and one half months for)on the
    machine it was supposed to be supplied with;. no problems. It worked fine
    and no activation was required. As I remember, my husband did have to do
    some searching for a one or two drivers.

    Irene, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Totally wrong - it will work with any COA. If you're installing XP on a
    non Dell, you'll have to enter the COA. If it's a Dell, you don't even
    have to do that.

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 23, 2006
  4. optech290

    Respondant Guest

    As has been (correctly) explained to these cunts over and over again.

    Why is it so difficult for them to understand?

    Respondant, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Asked & answered. ;)

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 24, 2006
  6. optech290

    AZApoker Guest

    can't you use winxp cd?

    AZApoker, Aug 24, 2006
  7. Yes

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 28, 2006
  8. optech290

    Fixer Guest

    Ok lets kill this thread once and forall, for my sins i am a Dell warranty
    repair engineer (yeah groan groan groan) any Cd that ships free of charge
    or you purchase from Dell and it labeled Windows XP Home or Professional or
    Media Centre Edition is a Full OEM copy of Windows and will install on any
    Dell machine and will not need activation, it will also install on any other
    brand of machine BUT WILL need activation.and will not install any
    bloatware. IF you chose to create a "Restore CD" from the Dell partion on
    your PC it will return your PC to exactly the state it came from out of the
    factory with all the boatware.

    People Like Tom and the others were correct and Rebecca (and your
    supporters) are totally wrong

    There is alot of experiance in the NG and the likes of Tom , Ben, Notan etc
    do this to help people and what they say is usually 99.9% correct ( you can
    all payme the $10 via paypal ) hehehehehe

    So can we now draw aline under this.

    Oh and by the way did we ever answer the OP question?

    Fixer, Sep 2, 2006
  9. optech290

    Anthony Guest

    When you say it will return the pc to the exact state does that mean
    ANYTHING i have installed previously to doing this restore will be totally
    gone? Even stuff I downloaded but didn't yet install like game demos or
    video clips etc..

    IF you chose to create a "Restore CD" from the Dell partion on

    Anthony, Sep 2, 2006
  10. Yup, *everything* - your HDD will be as it was shipped from Dell
    (although I don't know if the restore will undo any partitions you
    defined post delivery).

    Sparky Spartacus, Sep 2, 2006
  11. optech290

    Notan Guest

    Thanks for including me. (Let's not forget Stew, that pussfaced little pimpstick <g>,
    among others.)

    I think I'm ready for a "Journey group hug!"

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 3, 2006
  12. optech290

    james Guest

    Is it possible to reinstall MediaDirect if you get a new hard disk?

    james, Sep 4, 2006
  13. Now I know - Dell's recovery does not cream any partitions you defined
    on the HDD (at least not on the XPS410).

    Sparky Spartacus, Sep 21, 2006
  14. optech290

    Anthony Guest

    So the partition I created for vista rc1 will not be touched HOWEVER I
    probably will have a boot issue if I redid the original DELL install on my C
    drive as it will wipe away the boot record that vista added correct?

    Anthony, Oct 10, 2006
  15. optech290

    Meat Plow Guest

    Well yes and no.