Incompatibility between Tablet PC and XP when using Powerpoint and Sounds

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Russ Sherlock, Jan 10, 2008.

  1. When using TabletPC, Powerpoint 2003 *fails* to show a presentation
    correctly (works on XP):
    This is a definite bug, how do I report it so that it gets fixed?

    Reproduce as follows:

    Configure Powerpoint not to show the Black 'end of show' slide
    (Optional, but makes example easier to grasp)

    Create a Presentation called SLAVE with one slide.
    Insert a Sound that automatically plays on the that slide.
    Click Slide Transition so that the Slide auto-advanced after a period of
    time.

    Create a Presentation called MASTER with two slides.
    Insert a Sound that automatically plays on the first slide.
    Click Slide Transition so that the Slide auto-advanced after a period of
    time.

    Create a second slide that does not auto-advance and insert a different
    sound.
    Now create a hyperlink to SLAVE.

    Run MASTER, wait then click the hyperlink.

    Run the presentation on XP - it works as expected.
    On Tablet PC the Slave auto-advance *fails* and requires a click.

    I think it has something to do with the Sounds. Missing *any* sound
    insertion off
    any of the slides will result in success.

    Addendum
    The sounds I am adding are very short Midi files which program Audio/Visual
    equipment.
    The transition delay times are 2 seconds.

    Russ Sherlock, Jan 10, 2008