Incorrect installation (SB Live)

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Jon Riley, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Jon Riley

    Jon Riley Guest

    My SB Live! card is working fine (apparently), but the associated software
    doesn't seem to think so.
    On trying to run Audio HQ, I get the message "No audio device compatible
    with this program can be found. Reinstall the card..."
    In Creative Diagnostics, clicking the Wave, Record and CD audio tabs brings
    up "Your audio drivers have not been installed properly. Please
    reinstall..."
    In addition, the MIDI tab says (amusingly) "You do not have Creative SB
    Live! installed in your computer."
    (I didn't discover any of this until I started investigating soundfonts.)

    I went to the Creative site, downloaded and installed what looked like a
    promising fix (LiveDrvUni pack). It made no difference.

    I have Win2000, and the card model is CT 4830. Main problem is I no longer
    have the original installation disk(s) - can I get the necessary software
    elsewhere?
    Would it be easier/cheaper to buy a new soundcard?

    JonR

    Jon Riley, Dec 23, 2003