INCREDIBLE ! I can't tune the FSB step by step on an A7N8X-X !!! ASUS a liar ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by GreatShot, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. GreatShot

    GreatShot Guest

    Hi there !

    I have just bought an A7N8X-X-EAY motherboard, because it's an excellent
    card (see on the NET)
    but I was VERY surprised to see that I can't tune the FSB step by step
    (megaHz by magaHz) even if I change the FSB jumper.
    so I can't to overclock my new AMD 2600+ with a 512MB PC2700 card
    I have only 5 possibilties to change the frequency (100, 133, 166, 200) not
    step by step Why ?

    on the Box of the motherbord (retail version) it is noticed "ASUS
    Value-added features : OVERCLOCKING"
    To help you, the serial number is 37MG0255630 POR 90-M7A750-GDEAY
    I have flashed the BIOS with the file : C18X1005.BIN -> same result

    I have seen on the NET some screen shots of this BIOS FSB option with a
    megaHz by megaHz check box, not mine !
    It's the first time i buy ans ASUS moter bord , I'm disapointed !
    My retailer refuse to exchange it with a Soltech Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    sight !

    Best regards

    GreatShot, Aug 2, 2003

  2. GreatShot

    AJ Guest

    Yes you can. Poke around a little more. There is another pull down
    choice that gives you any number you want. But, unlike with my 2100+,
    I'm having little luck since it always reverts to 800Mhz or 1200Mhz on
    reboot for some dumb reason. Depends on how it reads the multiplier I
    guess. I hope it's since I'm running the old FW 1003.

    _________________________
    When your PC gives a little they give alot:
    http://tinyurl.com/hhez

    AJ, Aug 2, 2003

  3. GreatShot

    God Guest

    Did you enable the feature in BIOS?

    If you don't, you'll only get 100/133/166/200

    It's in the manual...

    God, Aug 2, 2003
  4. GreatShot

    GreatShot Guest