  1. Sam Nelson

    Tom Scales Guest

    Many of whom are hard-working people benefitting in their 401K.

    Tom Scales, Jan 19, 2004

  2. I try to buy American when I can and do my best to avoid People's
    Republic of China, but in today's market, both are impossible without heroic
    efforts. I find quality to be the issue with US products, particularly cars.
    Choice is the problem with Red Chinese stuff. In some market niches and with
    a lot of the major vendors, the only choice you will have is Red Chinese. I
    really do try to look at the "Made in ...." sticker for every purchase and
    it is depressing that so much of it is from the wrong side of China.

    Thomas M. Goethe, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Sam Nelson

    Bill Guest

    It really is one of the ironies of the business world that lots of
    business decision are driven by the need for "short term returns."
    This a a major stock market concern. The irony of this is that, if my
    information is correct, some of the largest share holders of American
    corporation are employee retirement funds.

    Bill, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Sam Nelson

    Phred Guest

    G'day mate,

    Just correcting an assumption you've jumped to -- Rod's an Aussie.
    (And he's capable of *much* more colourful stuff than that bowderised
    effort you've quoted. :)

    [...]

    Cheers, Phred.

    Phred, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Sam Nelson

    Steve Larson Guest

    perfectly stated, thanks.

    Steve Larson, Jan 20, 2004
  6. Sam Nelson

    Steve Larson Guest

    And don't forget that some of the biggest positions are kept by upper
    executives, which greatly incents them to boost the bottom line in any way
    they can dream up, whether or not it screws Americans in lower financial
    brackets.

    Steve Larson, Jan 20, 2004