    At least I want 256 mb memory graphics onboard. The dealer told me that
    it has 128 mb graphics mem and 128 mb is sharing. But it is showing 224
    mb only. Is there any setting in BIOS or anywhere. Plz tell me!!

    Parag_S, Jan 16, 2008

  2. Parag_S

    Paul Guest

    The built-in graphics function inside the 945GC Northbridge, uses
    system memory for storage.

    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=498&l4=0&model=1574&modelmenu=1

    The internal graphics are called GMA950. As you can see here, the limit
    is 224MB for the internal graphics. That is as much as can be set
    aside for the internal graphics. The rest remains usable for system
    memory.

    http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm

    If you wanted even more graphics memory, then buy a PCI
    Express x16 video card. That will have graphics memory on
    the card itself. For example, this card has 1GB of memory
    on the graphics card itself.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102096R

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 17, 2008

  3. Parag_S

    Parag_S Guest

    Thanx Paul, I will buy PCI graphics card and try it !!!

    Thanx again

    Parag_S, Jan 21, 2008