Ink is not working on your computer right now - Vista 64

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Jim Helfer, Jan 18, 2010.

  1. Jim Helfer

    Jim Helfer Guest

    I have a user running a Windows Vista 64 and a Wacom Cintiq 20WSX tablet
    and Adobe Creative Suite CS4.

    She has reported that recently she has lost the handwriting recognition
    ability, and her pen only functions as a mouse. The only relevant message I
    can uncover is this:

    "Ink is not working on your computer right now."

    No other error messages or events logged and nothing in Wacom's KB. So
    far Windows System Restores and updating the tablet drivers haven't had any
    effect.

    No recent changes to the hardware or software configuration on this
    machine, and as a matter a fact, another user with an identical workstation
    and tablet is not experiencing this issue.

    Any ideas would be apreciated.

    Jim Helfer
    WTW Architects
    Pittsburgh PA