    The Inspiron 1100 takes PC2100 memory and that is what I have... I can
    purchase some PC2700 at almost half of what it would be for PC2100 so I
    am wondering if this work with the 1100?

    Bill Johnson, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Bill Johnson

    BigJIm Guest

    Mine came with 2700 installed, two chips of 128. The 2700 will run at 2100
    speed but if you are going for more I would check with crucial.com. I tried
    some cheap memory from best buy and it would not boot.
    I order 512 from dell at 2100 and no problems. I think the 1100 needs a good
    quality of memory.
    The new chips were micron.

    BigJIm, Jan 13, 2004