    Basically, power is flowing, but the system will not boot. Any
    thoughts on what happend. Do I need to reset something? Please help...
    I don't need another doorstop just yet.

    molanger, Dec 7, 2007

  2. molanger

    Quaoar Guest

    Those cables are usually inserted into a ZIF connector that has a wedge
    that must be loosened before the cable is removed. If you pulled the
    cables from the connectors without loosening the wedges, the cables must
    be replaced. I assume that Dell has the cables for $10 or so each.

    Quaoar, Dec 7, 2007

  3. molanger

    molanger Guest

    Q thanks for the response. I will look into replacing the cables. Do
    you think this is why the machine will not boot?

    molanger, Dec 7, 2007
  4. molanger

    Quaoar Guest

    If the keyboard is missing due to the cable, that could be the failure
    to boot. Can you enter BIOS setup?

    Quaoar, Dec 7, 2007