    Does the Inspiron 1545 support composite video? I found a few
    SVGA->composite video adapters for less than $10. Will these work with my
    1545?

    Bobby Shafto, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Bobby Shafto

    BillW50 Guest

    In Tom Scales typed on Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:46:08 GMT:
    Well I can and have used composite computer outputs. And large text was
    okay IMHO. And those magnify glass programs really help a lot to read
    text just too small to see clearly. Even still at best, you probably
    wouldn't use it that much as it can drive you nuts. Kind of neat to view
    youtube videos on a 52 inch screen or even many webpages with graphics
    though. Also throwing the computer screen in a PIP while watching
    something else while a file was being downloaded or something was also
    kind of nice.

    BillW50, Jun 20, 2009

  3. Bobby Shafto

    BillW50 Guest

    In Tom Scales typed on Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:58:01 GMT:
    I bet. ;)

    BillW50, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Bobby Shafto

    Bobby Shafto Guest

    I want to be able to watch Netflix on demand on my 27" analog TV.

    I really can't afford to by a new TV or one of those fancy Netflix boxes
    right now. My work hours have been cut back.

    So will a $10 adapter allow me to hook up my Inspiron 1545 to an old analog
    TV for the purpose of watching movies?

    Bobby Shafto, Jun 20, 2009
  5. Bobby Shafto

    Bob Villa Guest

    Did you buy your 1545 with Ubuntu OS? I thought is was a good buy for
    under $400!

    Bob Villa, Jun 25, 2009
  6. Bobby Shafto

    Bobby Shafto Guest

    No, I got mine with Vista Home Premium. $479 with three gigs RAM and a 320
    gig hard drive.

    I tried Ubuntu. I like it. Lots, but it just won't run the software I use.
    Maybe someday...

    Bobby Shafto, Jun 25, 2009
  7. Bobby Shafto

    Bob Villa Guest

    Mine is Intel Dual Core 2Ghz,2G ram,160GbHDD,LED Back-lit,DVD/
    RW...very nice for the price IMO.

    Bob Villa, Jun 26, 2009