    How would I prove that the problem is the battery and is this enough of a
    problem to warrant replacement (ie: for Dell to do it)??

    Mel

    MZB, Mar 20, 2006

  2. if you press the test button on the battery and instead of all five leds
    lighting only every other one does, or the battery led on the laptop
    constantly blinks at a fast rate, and the battery won't hold a charge
    (computer shuts instead of runs on battery down when you pull the a/c plug)
    then it is a defective battery and it would be replaced. i doubt that they
    would replace it from normal use as you describe unless it gets this bad...
    but you can call them and ask.

    Christopher Muto, Mar 20, 2006