    tom Guest

    Hi there my Inspiron battery light on the side keeps flashing red wven when
    it is in the mains what is wrong with it?

    tom, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Given it's probable age (unless it was bought recently) chances are it has
    expired.

    Edward J. Neth, Feb 17, 2004

  3. tom

    Robert Guest

    Battery has probably died - remove the battery & that light probably won't
    flash red..
    Have you pressed the battery test button to see what light pattern you get
    on it?

    Robert, Feb 18, 2004
  4. tom

    tom Guest

    Yes press button on battery and it is almost full with the top light keeping
    flashing!
    ???
    do i need a new battery? but they are very expensive!!!
    is it ok to just leave it in the mains with the battery in it?

    also u know place i can get a cheap battery for ???

    thanks

    tom, Feb 19, 2004
  5. tom

    Robert Guest

    You should not get a flashing light on the battery - it is probably a fault
    code.

    Robert, Feb 22, 2004