Inspiron 530 Desktop - anyone have experience of this machine ?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by mariner63, Mar 31, 2009.

  1. mariner63

    mariner63

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2009
    Hi All,

    I am interested in the new Dell Inspiron 530 desktop computer.
    I chose this for a number of reasons, but the choices available seem to be quite numerous and offer greater flexibility.
    .
    My interest is in the IntelCore 2Quad processor Q8200 4MBL2, 2.33GHz 1333FSB with 8GB dual channel DDR2 SD ram @ 800 Mhz. 500 Gb hard drive. I would be going with the Dell recommended audio and video package and Windows Home and Student Office.

    Is there a better combination than what I have in mind? The computer will be for general use, some graphic, data processing and usual the internet work.

    Current computer is a 6 year old HP Pavilion laptop ze5383US that has been pretty much trouble free, with 2.66GHz P4, 1GB Ram and 60 GB hard drive - with the usual trappings.

    The new one I have in mind will probably be the last computer I will need to buy (am retired and $'s are short) and would like to cover all the bases.

    Anything to look out for or be aware of before placing an order?

    Thanks in advance for any comments

    mariner

    mariner63, Mar 31, 2009