    SD MMC card, but not a non-SD MMC card. The card is not recognized by XP
    Pro when inserted.

    -- Paul

    Paul, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Paul

    Notan Guest

    Is it possible that you have a bad card?

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Just got my new Inspiron 6000 (great machine, BTW, a great upgrade over
    The MMC card is good (tried 2 or 3 of them). The non-SD MMC cards work fine
    in a USB attached SanDisk 8-in-1 reader attached to the I6000.

    -- Paul

    Paul, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Paul

    Tom Scales Guest

    The slot is listed as:

    " Flash Memory Slot - Secure Digital (SD) and SD/IO compliant "

    I doubt if Dell has bothered to make it MMC compliant, as MMC is effectively
    'dead'.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Ya, I just found out the answer in the Dell Community Forums. Like you
    said, they don't support MMC. I didn't know there was a significant
    difference since they use the same form factor.

    http://support.dell.com/support/top.../en/document?dn=1092716&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

    Oh well, these old MMC cards are almost worthless, purchasing new SD cards
    for what I need is not a big deal...

    -- Paul

    Paul, Sep 8, 2005
  6. Paul