    pads or the cursor starts its walking .
    Can this be easily replaced and where would I get one?

    Brad

    getsumonya, Jan 10, 2005

  2. getsumonya

    Ira Hayes Guest

    Might be worth uninstalling/reinstalling it via the device manager and also
    trying to update the driver before taking hammer and tong to it...

    Ike

    Ira Hayes, Jan 11, 2005

  3. getsumonya

    jen mcrae Guest

    Had the same problem with my Inspiron 4000
    I disabled it in the BIOS settings. It doesn't walk anymore

    jen mcrae, Jan 11, 2005
  4. getsumonya

    Pelle Guest

    No warranty left i guess i had the same problem twice with a I8100
    and a L C800.

    Its the stick in the keybourd that broken not the pad u have 3
    options 1. buy a new keyboard 2.disable touchpad/stick in bios or 3 as
    i did remove keyboard and add some tape in thje keyboard connector
    there the wires from stick are connected.....its the wires to the
    right in the little connector add some tape there and evertthing will
    be fine....of corse u can not use the stick.... but i dont know many
    who does.

    Pelle

    Pelle, Jan 11, 2005
  5. getsumonya

    Fixer Guest

    You have the Dell drifting cursor problem, if its under warranty Dell will
    replace the K/B & or Palmrest

    Fixer, Jan 11, 2005
  6. getsumonya

    getsumonya Guest

    Just over 3 years old and out of warranty.
    I don't think its the stick cuz the stick works fine - as long as I don't
    apply too much pressure to the PalmRest.
    Think I'll just relegate it to desktop duty using a USB mouse and start
    looking at some newer laptops.

    getsumonya, Jan 12, 2005