    However, is there anything physically i can do to the jack in order to get
    sound through my speakers again. If so, can somebody point me to a guide on
    how to do so. Thanks a lot

    hands45, Feb 8, 2006

  2. It's definitely easier, and probably cheaper, to buy a USB audio device.
    I got a Philips one for $20 not that long ago (and the quality blows
    away the integrated headphone out -- much cleaner).

    Nicholas Andrade, Feb 8, 2006

  3. hands45

    Steve W. Guest

    Not without taking the entire unit apart and repairing the board. There
    are two switches inside that jack that are what transfers the sound
    between the speakers/headphones.

    Steve W., Feb 9, 2006
  4. hands45

    hands45 Guest

    Thanks for the tip, I ordered one today. I didn't even know that they made
    things like that

    hands45, Feb 11, 2006