    Éric Moreau, MCT, MCSD
    Conseiller principal / Senior consultant
    Concept S2i inc. (www.s2i.com)

    Éric Moreau, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Éric Moreau

    Robert Guest

    Faulty LCD.
    I have seen that before - user thought it was a motherboard but I found it
    was his LCD.
    Tried turning down LCD brightness when on mains?

    Robert, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Éric Moreau

    Éric Moreau Guest

    Thanks for reading.

    Excuse my ignorance but where can I turn down LCD brightness?

    TIA

    Éric Moreau, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Éric Moreau

    Éric Moreau Guest

    I found the brightness control into the GEForce2 settings and it doesn't fix
    the problem.

    thanks again

    Éric Moreau, Dec 6, 2003
  5. Éric Moreau

    Ned Flanders Guest

    If you are under warrantee let Dell replace what is needed. It may
    come and go, but don't wait.

    Cheers,

    Ned

    Inspiron 8000, with a new screen, inverter, and lamps via Dell
    Warrantee:)

    Ned Flanders, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Éric Moreau

    Robert Guest

    Either in the BIOS or
    look at blue writing on the keyboard keys - I think it is function down
    arrow to turn it down.

    Robert, Dec 7, 2003
  7. I had the exact same problem with my I8000. They sent me a new LCD (and a tech
    to install it) and everything worked great from then on. No problems with the
    mobo or the video card, and changing LCD brightness never helped.

    Dave Thompson

    Dave Thompson, Dec 15, 2003