    Any ideas?

    Sincerely,
    Bruce

    Bruce, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Bruce

    Clark Guest

    I can only see 3 places to change the volume. The computer itself, the
    Power DVD player volume controls, and double click on the speaker icon and
    make sure WAVE is turned up.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 30, 2005

  3. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Yep, and all those are set as high as possible.

    Thanks,
    Bruce

    Bruce, Jul 30, 2005
  4. An innocent question.............it's a genuine (not copied) DVD?

    I've come across this problem before with copied DVDs, it's one of the forms
    of anti-copy protection used.

    Chuckles The Scary Clown, Jul 31, 2005
  5. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    I understand your question, and it's a legitimate one. Yep, these are
    store bought DVDs, not copied ones. (But copied ones produce a low
    volume on the laptop, too.) Both types do fine on set top boxes, and on
    desktops. Hmmm, come to think of it, I have another laptop, an i6000;
    I'll try a DVD on that one.

    Bruce

    Bruce, Jul 31, 2005
  6. Bruce

    Dan Guest

    If the DVD offers a stero audio track and a 5.1 audio track, chose the
    stereo for two speaker playback. It will be louder that 5.1.
    Alternatively, hook up to an external 5.1 sound system with its own
    controls. The 5.1 to stero conversion is the problem, I think.

    -Dan

    Dan, Aug 11, 2005