  1. I've read in a few places that the Inspiron isn't a true centrino owing to
    the fact that Dell use 802.11g cards rather than an integrated wi-fi
    chipset. Any truth or significance in this?

    Richard Lewis, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Richard Lewis

    Tom Scales Guest

    The Centrino "marketing label" from Intel. It's old enough that 802.11g
    didn't exist, so including it 'breaks' the name.

    Ignore it.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Richard Lewis

    danr Guest

    Exactly - Centrino is not a processor, as many believe but a label (as Tom
    indicates) that encompasses the CPU, Chipset and 802.11b card - TOGETHER.

    Dan

    danr, Oct 9, 2004