    hardware to a minimum, but allways I get the same problem: Right after
    anaconda detected an unknown monitor the system hangs :-(((

    So please help...

    d.copper, Sep 2, 2003

  2. d.copper

    Vwakes Guest

    Just a hit in the dark, have you tried "linux text skipddc" ?

    V.

    Vwakes, Sep 2, 2003

  3. d.copper

    d.copper Guest

    Yes, but even then anaconda tries to detect some hardware like monitor and
    mouse...

    d.copper, Sep 2, 2003
  4. d.copper

    Lenard Guest

    Try; "linux text noprobe skipddc nomce nopcmcia nousb"

    Lenard, Sep 2, 2003
  5. d.copper

    the yeti Guest

    If you got it installed and cant get it to display, here is a ghetto way to fix it.

    Boot Knoppix and copy the Knoppix x86.conf file into the Red Hat /etc dir.

    the yeti, Sep 3, 2003
  6. d.copper

    d.copper Guest

    Yes, but even then anaconda tries to detect some hardware like monitor
    and
    So I also tried this without success :-(
    Anaconda hangs after displaying "...: Unknown Monitor"

    But thanx for the idea !!!

    d.copper, Sep 3, 2003
  7. d.copper

    d.copper Guest

    If you got it installed and cant get it to display, here is a ghetto way
    to fix it.
    This is a really new idea of installing. But how do I get RH9 running, when
    anaconda hangs right before installing??

    thanx for trying to help !!!

    d.copper, Sep 3, 2003
  8. d.copper

    Nancy Rudins Guest

    Thanks!! I didn't ask the original question, but I'm having problems
    getting
    XConfigurator to work on my Dell laptop. This solution worked for me.

    Kind regards,
    Nancy

    Nancy Rudins, Sep 3, 2003
  9. d.copper

    Terry Polzin Guest

    Can you disable the video and install a different card?

    Terry Polzin, Sep 3, 2003
  10. d.copper

    Vwakes Guest

    No. That's under the assumptions that you get RH installed and have
    problems with your X while knoppix finds it all great.
    It's also possible that the next step after "Unknown Monitor" thingy
    that's causing the problem. I am not sure what it is. I have read that
    RH successfully tested in one Proliant 800, but that might be a
    different hardware configuration than yours. Try to get hold of it and
    see if you have anything weird.

    GL
    V.

    Vwakes, Sep 3, 2003
  11. On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:41:12 +0200, d.copper spoketh
    Did you try using those CDs to install on a different machine? Perhaps
    there's an issue with the CD. I installed RH9 on a ProLiant 800 6 months
    ago with no issues.

    Lars M. Hansen
    http://www.hansenonline.net

    Lars M. Hansen, Sep 4, 2003