Installation Disk, 965P-DS3 Rev 3.3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Mellowed, Mar 3, 2007.

  1. Mellowed

    Mellowed Guest

    I have built a new system.
    MB Gigabyte 965P-DS3 Rev 3.3
    OS Vista Ultimate
    CPU E6600
    BIOS 12/27/2006-P965-1CH8-6A79LG0DC-00
    MEM DDRII 800MHz 2GB

    The SiSoftware Sandra program says that my FSB speed is 1x343MHz. Isn't
    this low for such a system?

    System works good! I'm just trying to understand the features. Trying to
    check internal temperatures got me started.

    I try to install the Gigabyte installation disk that came with the MB. It
    says 12DC1-10I965S-102R Ver 1.02

    An error message immediately appears, "This version of XPRESS install does
    not support WIN98/ME". Now that is really confusing!

    The Gigabyte support site has no provisions for contacting Technical
    Support. I did find a download for Easy Tune B7.0124.1. I downloaded the
    file GBTTOOLS_GBT_ET5.EXE but have not installed the file.

    The original install disk is supposed to have an Easy Tune 5 capability and
    something called Gigabyte C.O.M. (System Management Utility).

    My questions are:
    1. Any ideas as to why I get such an error message?
    2. Do I want to install the Easy Tune EXE?
    3. What is the Gigabyte C.O.M. System Management Utility?

    Any comments on the above would be helpful.

    Mellowed, Mar 3, 2007