Installation Problems with 5400XT

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Philipp Kraus, Dec 28, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I get a Tyan 5400XT mainboard with 2x Xeon CPU (boxed cooling with 4x
    2Ghz cores). On the board the heat sink is preinstalled, so I install
    in the first one CPU with the cooling fan. At next I installed 4x 4GB
    Ram (Kingston that is list on the webside).

    I boot up the system with a PCIx graphic accelerator. I can insert into
    the BIOS and the CPU temperature is shown around 90 °C not F, other
    temperatures around at 30°C / 90°F. If I will reboot with the resut
    button or Strg+Alt+Backspace the System will hung up, only a hard reset
    with the powerbutton solves the status.

    I have tested the bootup with only 4 GB Ram (one bank), its the same
    problem. I think the CPU temperature must be around 60 °C, and I don't
    know why the temperature is at 90°C. I don't test the bootup with both
    CPUs at the same time, but I have change the CPU and fan with the other
    and teh problem is the same.

    Can anyone help my to solve my problem or it's the best way to send my
    board back and get a new one?

    Thanks a lot

    Phil

    Philipp Kraus, Dec 28, 2008