Installed new ati drivers, display properties error message

Discussion in 'ATI' started by J, May 22, 2006.

  1. J

    J Guest

    Installed catalyst available from ati's web page documenting radeon 7000.

    The computer has a new radeon 7000 pci card and an onboard ?Sis? video card.
    We needed to use it with a tv, which is why the radeon 7000 was installed.
    I upgraded the drivers because there were only 2 useable resolutions for the
    tv (DVI) out. Now, installed drivers, and I'm able to run it at a nice 720?
    vertical HDTV compatible resolution.

    Before drivers: Entering Display properties showed 3 'monitors' available
    to windows xp. Two are labeled radeon 7000 - one specifying dell monitor,
    other specifying plug and play monitor (DVI), the third had a different
    label.. don't remember what that was.

    Now, Every time i enter display properties, windows complains that no driver
    was found and that the card is running in vga mode. I assume that it's
    talking about the mobo onboard video, since it's no longer showing up in the
    picture. I now only have the two radeon 7000 screens available. OBviously,
    the radeon is working fine because all the colors are there and all the
    resolutions are there. Any idea why the onboard video driver dissappeared?

    -JB

    J, May 22, 2006

  2. J

    Ian Guest

    Well unless you are bent on using it, I would disable the mobo video and
    if your bios allows it, set the PCI card as the primary device. Why did
    it disappear? No idea! It might be that something needed to be connected
    to it when you upgraded the ATI drivers.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0621-1, 22/05/2006
    Tested on: 22/05/2006 23:29:15

    Ian, May 22, 2006