    :)

    thanks,

    Philippe.

    philippe.froidevaux, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Hello, I made a new 2.6.8 kernel with support for the disks.
    look here:
    http://www.inserve.se/edu/debian

    Regards
    Fredrik

    Fredrik Lundholm, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Hello Fredrik,

    thanks a lot for the explanations. It finally works and I have
    installed 3 servers for now.

    some thoughts :
    - after activating the second IDE controller into the BIOS, it doesn't
    appears in the controller list in the same menu, instead the fact that
    the disc is perfectly recognise by the system (it appears in the "boot"
    menu)
    - I'm not sure you need a second partition (sda2 in your example) with
    dump and restore. Somethink like "cd /mnt && dump -0 -f - / | restore
    rf -" should work.
    - I've had some problem with "grub", I don't know why. It was necessary
    for me to boot on the sda device with hdc still available (don't ask me
    why) and launch "grub-update && grub-install /dev/sda" again.
    - I've tried to create a boot cdrom for the systems with the "bootcd"
    command (apt-get install bootcd), but the resulting cdrom is buggy. If
    anyone is able to create a such CD, I would like to know how :) May be
    I will try later and post the ISO here.

    Thanks again,

    Philippe.

    philippe.froidevaux, Jan 19, 2006